About Our Large Arena
Our large, covered arena is a spacious 200’x300’ with premier dirt footing. We obsess over and know our ground very well. Equipped with two arena groomers, including an 8’ Black Widow, we are able to work our ground to various depths and firmness, depending on specific event needs. Complete with announcer’s stand, sound system, full over-head lighting, roping chutes, cattle return alley, spectator area and ample, level parking space, our large arena is capable of accommodating countless different equine events throughout all disciplines.
Contact us at 503-349-9112 for large arena private rental pricing and availability.
For an individual rider day-use fee, our large arena is available for daily haul-in’s during the “open riding” hours of 8am until 10pm, unless a private event rental is scheduled. We provide barrels, poles and cones for your respectful use while here for open riding. Please visit our Large Arena Rules section for more details and all open riding fees.
***Please always check our Large Arena Calendar prior to hauling in to be aware of any/all scheduled event rentals or closures.
***All guest to our facility must familiarize themselves with our Large Arena Rules, failure to follow arena rules may result in a permanent ban from our facility.
Large Arena Rules READ ME!!!
***ALL open riders and private event attendees are required to be familiar with our facility rules. Failure to follow any and all of our rules could result in a permanent ban from our facility.
CROWLEY RANCH FACILITY RULES:
1. ALWAYS check the Large Arena Calendar PRIOR to hauling to our facility. Any day that does not have an event scheduled is an “open riding” day from the hours of 8am until 10pm. Please note that some events are all day events and some are not, if the calendar says “no open riding prior to this event”, that means there is NO OPEN RIDING prior to that event, so do not try to sneak in and ride anyway. If the calendar says “arena closed at ‘x’ time for dirt prep”, that means the arena is closed for Steve to work the ground for an event and NO RIDERS are permitted in the arena at that time.
2. All riders must have a signed release form on file with us. If you are a new rider or have not signed a release form, please call us at 503-349-9112 PRIOR to riding in our arena.
3. All riders must pay the appropriate PER RIDER day use fee prior to entering the arena. “Per rider” means that our riding fees apply to EACH rider, this means that if your backside is on a horse at any time while at our facility then YOU ARE A RIDER and must pay the appropriate day/night riding fee. Even if multiple guests ride the same horse, they are EACH a rider and are responsible for paying their INDIVIDUAL day/night riding fee.
4. Your name, phone number and date of your visit MUST be written on your payment envelope before placing it in the pay-box. Failure to identify your payment will cause us to assume that you have not paid your appropriate fee, which may result in a permanent ban from our facility.
***Fees for open riding haul-ins are as follows:
DAY RIDING, which means no lights are on, begins at 8am (no earlier) and ends at 10pm and is $10 PER RIDER. Each rider is allowed a MAXIMUM of 3 horses, EACH additional horse beyond that 3 is $5 PER HORSE, this applies to EACH rider.
NIGHT RIDING, which is from the hours of 5pm until 10pm ONLY and includes use of light rows #3, 6 & 9 ONLY, is $18 PER RIDER. Each rider is allowed a MAXIMUM of 3 horses, EACH additional horse beyond that 3 is $5 PER HORSE, this applies to EACH rider.
MONTHLY RIDING PASSES are for day riding only and are $50 per month PER RIDER, they are valid for 30 days from the date of purchase. All monthly pass holders who ride during night riding hours and use lights must pay an additional $8 light use fee PER NIGHT RIDE.
5. Lights for night riding may only be used during the hours of 5pm and 10pm, unless previously approved by Steve or Kelli. ONLY rows 3, 6 and 9 are permitted to be on during this time unless previously approved by Steve or Kelli. Once lights are on, you are subject to the night ride fee of $18, please also note that a monthly pass applies to day riding only, if you are a monthly pass holder and choose to ride with lights, you must pay the additional light fee of $8 per night ride. Failure to pay appropriate riding fees and/or failure to abide by the use of ONLY light rows 3, 6 and 9 when accompanied by the appropriate night ride fees may result in a permanent ban from our facility. If you are the last rider here at night, please turn off all the lights before you leave.
6. Absolutely NO horses are allowed in the roping boxes or return alley at any time, this means no horses are to EVER be tied, loose or ridden in these areas. Horses may be allowed to roll in the large arena but must be kept on a lead rope to do so. NO loose horses are permitted in the arena.
7. Absolutely NO HAY is permitted to be outside of trailers anywhere on our facility. This includes ALL grass, gravel and dirt parking and tie areas, inside or outside of the arena. NO EXCEPTIONS. If a horse needs feeding while here for open riding or an event, they and their hay bag must remain INSIDE the trailer at all times.
8. Prior to leaving our facility, you are REQUIRED to clean up after yourselves and your animals and children (if applicable). This includes all parking, tying and spectator areas that you, your animals or anyone in your party visited while at our facility. Manure, hair, straw, shavings, hoof trimmings, etc. all belong in the wheelbarrow that we provide to make cleaning up after yourselves easy. All garbage belongs in the garbage cans we provide next to arena. The parking areas and tie areas of our arena are like the front steps of our business and the front porch of our home, we ask that all our guests treat them with the same respect they would expect on their own front steps and porches.
9. If you have a sick horse, DO NOT bring it to our facility. Horses are our livelihood and we take their health VERY seriously. Anyone caught riding on our property with a sick horse will be asked to leave immediately and banned permanently.
10. Group lessons and/or practices are NOT permitted during open riding, anyone wishing to give or receive a group lesson must reserve a private rental time slot. Private rentals MUST be scheduled with us at least ONE WEEK in advance and cancellation fees may apply if canceled without sufficient notice. All private rentals must be scheduled and confirmed with Steve and Kelli to be placed on our calendar.
11. All equipment (barrels, poles, cones, etc.) must be returned to the corners of the arena prior to leaving. If you are the last one USING equipment, you are responsible for putting it away, even if you didn’t set it up. Only ONE gaming pattern is allowed to be set up at a time, running multiple patterns (ie: barrels and poles together, etc.) is not safe and is not permitted. No outside equipment is permitted during open riding with the exception of pop-up barrels and cones; however, anyone choosing to bring their own pop-up barrels or cones must be prepared to share with other open riders who may be using the arena at the same time.
12. Children are welcome at our facility, but must be accompanied by an adult at all times. We are not a daycare or a playground, kids are NOT to run around the facility grounds, climb on or play with any equipment, tractors, gates, panels, etc. There is a constant flow of traffic in and out of our facility as well as multiple horses and riders of varied skill levels, therefore, it is in the best interest of everyone’s safety for all children to remain quiet, calm and under constant adult supervision while at our facility. .
13. Riding around our facility is permitted as long as you stay on the gravel driveway areas; if you are off the gravel, you are probably not on our property. Riding into any of our barns is strictly prohibited. Riding in the neighbor’s tree field is strictly prohibited.
14. No alcohol is allowed on the premises and no glass bottles of any kind are permitted inside the arena.
15. Be kind to your fellow riders. Anyone caught monopolizing the arena or bullying, intimidating or in any other way making an unpleasant experience for a fellow open rider will be permanently banned from our facility.
If you need to sign a release form or have any other questions or concerns, please call us directly at 503-349-9112.